Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Coordinates instead of Room Number

More
04 Jul 2022 14:08 #10095 by kogan
Hi, is there any snippet which replaces the room-numbers to coordinate-system?
Like Room 3001 will be 30:01 or something? The goal is to have more than 100 rooms in a zone.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2022 16:01 #10096 by zusuk
You don't need to change the system to make zones bigger, just "zedit new" with a room range that is larger than 100 :)

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
06 Jul 2022 03:11 #10099 by Parnassus
I tried that once and although I can't remember how it went all odd, I remember thinking, "Okay, not doing that again." I didn't think that whatever happened would happen because any other code base I've worked with allows more than 100 numbers with 100 being simply a convenient number. Sorry that I can't remember but I thought it wasn't worth the trouble. Other people may find that whatever it is doesn't bother them.

More
06 Jul 2022 13:11 #10102 by zusuk
I don't think we have made any (directly relevant) modifications to our code that would make us different as far as maximum rooms in a single zone.  And that being said, we have probably a half-dozen zones that are around 500 rooms.  You have to be careful not to create two zones that overlap, besides that we haven't experienced any issues.

If you have your heart set on a dynamically generated co-ordinate wilderness system, you can find it on our codebase (link in signature).

Best,
Mosheh (Zusuk)

Website
www.luminariMUD.com

Main Game Port
luminariMUD.com:4100

More
20 Jul 2022 22:44 #10106 by cunning
I agree with Zusuk. We only changed the struct.h unsigned interger to get larger. other then that, we have several zones over 100 rooms. You can do it in many ways, create zones up to 100 rooms, then inter-connect into another zone number. Just dont overlap as Zusuk stated. I just create zones that can handle 500 or 1000 rooms, and go from there.

#ifdef UINT_MAX
#undef UINT_MAX
#define UINT_MAX 42949672 - > My compiler could not replicate this so i had to hard define it.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds