Welcome to the Builder Academy

Question Bulk Edit on Mob Stats

More
21 Apr 2023 17:56 #10320 by soth
Bulk Edit on Mob Stats was created by soth
Is there anything built in or anyone know of a way mass set the mobs stats?  For instance how you do medit <vnum> 9->2 to autoset their stats?  Would be nice to have a script to do that on a per zone basis instead of having to medit 30+ mobiles in each zone :)

Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2023 19:20 #10324 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Bulk Edit on Mob Stats
When I did this (quite some time ago) I used my clients' solution for multicommands. I think I sent commands like "medit 1645;b;foo;a;1;18;q;s" or similar.
And then it was just adjusting the values. If I recall correctly I also used loops and variables, but it's been a real long time.

More
27 Apr 2023 19:42 #10326 by soth
Replied by soth on topic Bulk Edit on Mob Stats
After I posted the question I got to thinking it might not even be possible. Now that you mention that here is my thoughts on what would be ideal perhaps.

A method that has a few arguments.
ex: void GenerateMobStats(int startVnum, int endVenum, int MobLevel)

// call method
GenerateMobStats(1001, 1050, 10);

The only thing is all the mobs values would be based on level 10. You would still have to go in and manually edit the level and generate new stats so that probably would not be much of a help either.

Is there something already that would be similar, but do a bulk create of mobiles? Say for instance GenerateMobs(1001, 1050) and it would basically create 50 mobs with a predefined level, stats and generic names?

I'm just thinking it would be nice to be able to overload some functions is all :)

I could probably write a c# windows app that would do this and then some for some mass updates. I wrote a c# windows editor for ROM a long time ago and was dynamic for the most part on all the flags, etc...

Just rambling on some stuff Thomas, feel free to ignore if you wish hehe :)

Thanks for the input though!

More
28 Apr 2023 20:18 #10328 by thomas
Replied by thomas on topic Bulk Edit on Mob Stats
I think the closest thing to what you're looking for - that is in the codebase right now - is the mcopy command.

More
29 Apr 2023 02:28 #10330 by soth
Replied by soth on topic Bulk Edit on Mob Stats
That would speed things up quite a bit. I did not even think about mcopy.
Thanks Thomas!

Kevin

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds