• Osailor
  • Osailor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #8324 by Osailor
Introduction was created by Osailor
Hi All!

I'll start by saying I have zero coding experience and minimal building experience, but am a bit of a MUD fan. Was trying to find my MUD home for a bit there, but none of the RPI's currently on the market kept me reeled in for long and I hated deviating from the codebase I started on (CircleMUD).

I lost around a good 4 years of my life to RPI muds and it was fantastic. I was never a huge part of any of the major in-game plots, but I still thoroughly enjoyed writing a collaborative story with other players. Since those days, I have thrown around the idea of novel-writing and have built up the frameworks of lore for the world and am all set to embark on my new writing adventure!

As I have been writing though, I have found myself looking back on my MUD days and wanting to revisit them, but knowing if I am to be spending my time writing it should be on something to progress my novel/novella/whatever it turns out to be. When I saw this codebase and building/coding course, I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to work on something that is somehow tied to my work, so THANK YOU!

Please bear with me while I trudge around these forums asking the basics and requesting help. I'll jump in now with my first question; is there a Discord server that you use to communicate? It's always nice to use apps like discord to pop on and ask a quick question.

Wish me luck on my building/coding journey!

Osailor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #8326 by Sascha
Replied by Sascha on topic Introduction
Please login to view the answers

Will you stand against the coming Storm? After the Breaking: STORMRIDERS MUD - atbmud.dune.net port 4000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds